Wednesday, July 29, 2009

This Past Saturday

On July 25th, 2006, the doctors told me I had only a year left to live.

But this past Saturday marked the anniversary of me living two years beyond what they had predicted.

And although my left eye is closing (eyelid getting even more droopy), my liver numbers are through the roof, and I'm still overcoming a urinary tract infection, I'm ambulatory and ALIVE

The question remains: Am I living life like it was my last week here on earth?

Yeah, I guess. It's hard to do that on a daily basis, and it certainly don't come cheap.

But I did go to CedarPoint, and the experience of riding Millennium Force will haunt me for a very long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. said...

Keep showing us the way, dear :-)

6:24 AM  
Blogger ellyt said...

Yeah YOU !!! And yeah Cedar Point. YOU are living your life the only way you know how....with GUSTO. Do you remember what Auntie Mame said? "Life is like a smorgasbord and most of the suckers are starving to death". YOU are eating very well, yes, very well indeed. And you give all of us friends so much Naches (yiddish for pleasure). You help US see what life is really about. Keep your sense of humor. I adore YOU.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home