Thursday, July 09, 2009

Brain Surgery Monday Morning At 6AM

After yesterday's consultation with the doctor, having gamma knife surgery ASAP is the best option I have to save my eyesight. Odds of it stopping blindness: low. Odds of it slowing down blindness: low to fair. Odds of reversing/bringing back my eyesight: slim to none.

This will be the third gamma knife surgery performed on my brain. Contrary to the name of the procedure, no knives are involved. Instead, the standard monthly amount of radiation of a typical cancer patient is blasted all at once on a specific area. For precision, a metal frame will be drilled to my head before the blast is performed.

Post-op feelings will be posted Monday afternoon or sometime Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. said...

I'll be thinking of you at 6am in the morning ...

HUGS, LOVE & PRAYERS
Michael

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home