Sunday, June 21, 2009

Feelings


If you called me last week, you would have had a very sad person on the line with you.


But I'm at a point now where I've come to terms with it, accepted its reality, and I'm viewing it as "Ernie On 'Da Remix".


So many questions to ponder:

*Should I learn how to use a walking stick now in case both eyes go blind?

*Should I wear a patch? Wouldn't an eyepatch and a pair of glasses be accessorizing too much? If not, should I rock a custom made one from Louis Vuitton? It would probably cost at least a grand.

*Should I quit the gym? I definitely feel unsafe walking half-blind around fifty pound weights. And there's definitely no way I can run on the treadmill or use the elliptical machine without losing balance. Step classes are a thing of the past (I am currently in mourning over this).

*I guess I'll sell my bike, right?

*Am I okay with people turning away from me and not looking at me face-to-face? I'm not Elephant Man, I just have an eye that looks asleep. It ain't crusty, flaky, and full of pus like their face.


(Sunday night update: Because the swelling and bruising have subsided on the stitched-up eye, it is opening up ever so slightly in the corner closest to my nose. I'm calling the opthamalogist first thing in the morning.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home