Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hi.

I'm back.

I was discharged late Thursday. Without laboring you with the details that'll make you physically sick to your stomach, I'll cut to the chase: they found more growth in my bones (more in my ribs, front, side, and back), near my shoulder blade, and now in my lungs.

Although I went through a bone marrow biopsy last year, I had another one done my last day to find out whether it's in there as well.

After squeezing nearly all life out of me, they finally sent me home.

Do you want to know what it's like to stay in the hospital for a couple of days? Easy!

12:00 midnight- finally fall asleep after a day of entertaining visitors
1:00AM- your vitals are taken (blood pressure, pulse, and temperature)
2:00AM- nurse wakes you to take medicine
3:00AM- phlebotomist stops by to draw blood
4:00AM- nurse inspects ankles, feet, and legs for swelling
5:00AM- vitals taken again
6:00AM- doctors and their teams stop by to check in and talk with you

BAM- it's morning! Breakfast served at 7:00AM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home