Sunday, February 07, 2010

The Worst Of Two Evils

I honestly don't know what's worse: taking sleeping pills and Hydrocodone, a derivative of Vicodin and developing an addiction, or not sleeping enough and eduring terrible pain.

Everyone around me knows how scared I am. One pill leads to two, two pills leads to three, and next thing you know, you become dependent on many pills just to achieve the same results. Isn't that how an addiction starts? Especially for Hydrocodone, which I believe could have mind-altering qualities.

At the beginning of this journey, I would take one Ambien every now and then and that was all I needed to fall asleep. Same was true for Hydrocodone to alleviate pain. Now it feels like my body wants Ambien every night, and two Hydrocodone pills to feel.

Someone mentioned to me that in order to develop an addiction, one needs to possess an "alcoholic-like personality." Well, I definitely don't like alcohol that much, but I enjoy shopping a lot. A LOT.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

what? when's the last time we shopped? bath and body works, but that doesnt count . . . .

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home