Monday, February 08, 2010

The Next Chapter Of My Life (Or Is It The Same Chapter Continued?)


I just got back the results from my Cat Scan I had done on Friday morning on my abdomen.

I now have bone cancer. The CT scan detects "spots" in my pelvis and pubic bones. It also reveals growths on my 6th and 7th ribs (which I think are the lowest two ribs in my ribcage).

To paraphrase the conclusion in easier words: "Because of the patient's history of metastatic activity, this is cancerous growths, unless proven otherwise."

My doctor will meet with the radiologist to figure out what to do next. I'm guessing a bone CT scan, a biopsy of the growths, or an MRI on my spine to see if it has spread there as well. Or a combination of all three.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My vote is for the NEXT chapter Ernesto. Ever read a book where the chapters are really short (like The DaVinci Code)? Each chapter goes so fast, that in no time you're through the book - unless you're like my honey, Arel (who has ADD and couldn't get past the first three pages). Anyway, just a thought, not a sermon...LOL
BTW, Ruth, my "Jewish mother" who works for me at Stripe gave me a gift certificate this Christmas to go see this psychic / healer (who, you'll be pleased to note -bourgeois, celebrity-monger that you are- has an impressive client list). Haven't been yet, but I will put in a good word for you, little soldier. Stay Strong and Shop! Love you!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home