Friday, January 01, 2010

The Ugly Truth

Happy New Year.

While many of you were at a party last night drinking champagne and wearing 2010 headbands, I had one of the hardest nights because of my health. But like you, I too didn't get much sleep.

Truth be told: I've shared this with a few of you, but I have recently thought of no longer fighting cancer. The battle seems to be getting harder and harder and I am tired. Exhausted. There are days when it's just too tough.

My sister made a good point: I will go through just as much pain quitting as I would if I kept fighting. True. Very true.

I'm not choosing this option today. Like I said, I have thought about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger ellyt said...

Ernie,

I imagine that the fight you have been engaged in is the toughest thing that you have ever done. It is also a very brave one. I also understand that you get tired of fighting and that you are still feeling bad.

I would guess that you go back and forth constantly in this. There must be some amount of depending on how you are feeling, determines your ability to fight it.

No matter what you decide, know that you have friends that love you and always will.
Much love to you.
Elly

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home