Monday, November 09, 2009

Reflection


I'm back at home, safe and secure. To summarize this two week adventure on my own:


*I love Singapore. It's like the US and Asia all rolled into one. The best of both worlds.

*There is a distinct difference between the two airlines I flew: United and Singapore Airways. Customer service and care emanates so clearly from Singapore Airways that it puts United to shame.

*My two favorite aunts are my dad's two older sisters, Pimpion and Mely. They are the two older women in the picture. (I'm in the one in the middle, silly!)

*No matter how hard I try, I always overpack. My motto is, "Better to take it than to leave and regret it."

*If you think the Christmas season starts too early here in America, go to the Philippines or Singapore. They start in the middle of October.


My present status: I'm in mourning over a Prada tote that was stolen from my suitcase. When my overpacked luggage came out of baggage claim in Manila, my front zipper was open, clearly indicating that someone rifled through it and robbed me of a bag that reminds me of my trip to Venice. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking that someone is using my bag that has so much sentimentality attached to it.
I am also jetlagged beyond all measure. Please, if you're available, keep me awake and occupied in interesting ways during the day. Otherwise, I am out like a pair of shoulder pads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home