Thursday, October 22, 2009

First Class Boy In A Third World Country

I can't believe it! It's actually happening: I leave for the Philippines tomorrow. The last time I was there was when I lived in Sydney, Australia about two years ago and I spent nearly two weeks there.

One observation about being there is that you can never have enough money to hand out. As you walk around the neighborhood where my family lives you see so much poverty that all you want to do is ask, "How much money do I need to give you to make your health, house, and your life a little better?"

I remember taking my family out to eat at a filipino fast food restaurant. I fed about twenty hungry mouths and it only cost me about $40 US dollars. They loved it because they were too poor to eat out. They had smiles on their faces like they just had surf and turf entrees with dessert.

So off I go. I will have internet access periodically at an internet cafe up the street so don't think I am going to disappear. I'll have many stories to share from my spoiled American point of view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home