Thursday, October 08, 2009

Bad News, List Anew

Last week, my opthomalogist told me that there's nothing he can do to prevent my one eye from finally closing up. He doesn't know how soon it will happen, but at the rate it is closing now, it's just a matter of time. And when it does, I am supposed to call and tell him that my life is over. Just kidding.

Following this bad news, I updated my list of "Things I Want To See And Do Before I Go Completely Blind":

1. See (not hold) my niece when she graces the world with her presence around the 21st of November. After all, I did buy her the Juicy Couture diaper bag.

2. See and visit my relatives in the Philippines especially after the waves of disaster weather that recently blew through and tore up their little village.

3. See Babyland General Hospital, home of the Cabbage Patch Kids, one last time when they open their new facility in Mid-November.

4. Go to a resort in a climate that iss stinky humid and hot, where Paul and I are laying poolside in a cabana. The weather is so unbearable that we have to jump in the pool every half hour to cool off. Of course, there's poolside service ready to serve drinks and food at the snap of our fingers,

5. See Paul's face in Sydney, Australia, inhaling deeply and smiling, saying, "This is where I belong. This is home."

6. See, stay, and feel the impact of City Center in
Las Vegas, when they open in Mid-December. It will really shake up and change everything on Las Vegas Boulevard.

7. See and watch Paul get a pedicure that will clean up and polish those cute little feet he has.

8. See Paul behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 Carrera or some other exotic sports car, as he feels the torque and the responsiveness of a true sports car. Overnight stay somewhere local, such as St. Michael's, Maryland.

9. See my parents, Paul's parents, and perhaps my brother-in-law's parents all together in a church service or eating a filipino meal in Charlottesville, Virginia, my hometown.

10. Rescue my best friend Dave from his horrible and taxing job and just go somewhere, anywhere, where there's no agenda, no list of things to do, but to do nothing, or anything we want to do. The poor boy (and his wife) needs a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home