Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Surprise! Coming Out!


Paul threw me a surprise birthday party Saturday night. Becaise he sent an invite through facebook (I think), my younger cousins caught whiff of it.


So there I was: shocked and completely flabbergasted at how many people came to the party. Tons of gay men. Then in walked in my cousin, his girlfriend, his best friend, and his best friend's wife. What a nice bonus surprise!


Fast foward. Towards the middle of the party, feeling a little tipsy, I just went for it.


Me: "So, Fernando, in case you're either dumb or blind like me, I'm...gay."


Fernando: "Oh."


M: "Yeah, I told mom and dad a long time ago, it took them a while to get used to the idea, but now they're okay with it. Then I came out to Catherine (a cousin of ours) so she and her husband knows. Now you know."


F: (silencee)


M: "It took me a while to understand it. I know...how can I be a Christian and gay at the same time? It took me years and years of feeling guilty, finally, I decided that...blah blah blah...blardy blah blech...ramble, yakety-yak, diarrhea of the mouth..."


F: "It's okay...I kinda' knew already. You're fine, you're fine."


His girlfriend, his best friend and wife: "Yeah, we know."


M (sweat on my brow): "Whew! Another round for them, please! And put it on my tab!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home