Tuesday, October 30, 2007

More From The Doctor

Rather than cut and paste, I'm just going to get right to it:

1) It's confirmed that multiple brain tumors have increased in size
2) Several of the brain tumors could cause hydrocephalus, a dangerous problem if not handled immediately. (Google "hydrocephalus". I've had it before- fortunately, I was in Charlottesville when it happened.)
3) Treatment options when I return: more chemo, more radiation, or another brain surgery
4) He recommends I come home soon, and begin treatment immediately.

I've had a tough week grieving.

Kubler-Ross' 5 stages of grieving: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance
Ernie's 5 stages of grieving: denial, anger, shopping, eating, Porsche

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben Calhoun said...

Ernie,
I'm so sorry. I like your timeline for grieving. Whatever you need, let me know.

Love and kisses,

Ben

9:37 AM  
Blogger Babsie said...

Oh Ernie.

hugs,

- StepSister Barbara

8:19 PM  
Blogger ellyt said...

Ernie,
Just know that when you get back to Charlottesville, there are a group of Sluts that are here to support you and love you.
Think of us as Ghostbusters (picture me with the Leaf-Blower Backpack, blowing those pesky invaders out of your head and body).
You are not alone in this.
Much love always,
Elly

9:12 AM  
Blogger tessiematt said...

Hey, man. Tess and I love you and are praying for you regularly. We will be in Cville soon. Let's grab some dessert!!!!!! I know we can always count on you for the late night sugar fix (Filipino desserts just don't cut it!!!)

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home