Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Still Recovering, Still In Love

Using the words and pronounciation that my mom uses, "Happy Balemtime!"

Update: my vision has may have improved only slightly (hey, anything's better than nothin'), and I get that "rope in my raisins" removed Thursday morning.

I was just doin' a little bit o' reflecting on love here at the computer. I'm in a pretty needy state right now: people need to feed me, clean me, and even empty out my pee bag. I can barely see straight, I limp like a grandpa when I walk, and when I eat, someone has to direct me where to point my fork.

Love is hittin' me three ways in this state:

1) Love from the family: my sister, mom, and dad, without an ounce of hesitation and delay, come to my rescue and help me with everything. It's programmed inside them. It's automatic:one of us is down, so we're directed and desugned to pull them up.

2) Love from Paul: his love is different than my family's, because his is completely voluntary. He, at any moment, can choose a path for his life with or without me. Yet every day, he conciously makes the decision to be in this relationship with someone who has this as this illness. "For better or worse, in sickness and in health, he chooses Ernie."

That sure is love, ain't it?!

3) Love from friends: I don't know how or exactly why, but people come outta' nowhere when someone's sick. And they do it on many levels, not just my friends caring for me, but my mom's friends caring for my mom, my sister's friends checking in on how's Ellen. I told y'all to keep propping up Paul, because he's so busy propping up me. I know you were there for him.

My eyes are tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home