Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Unexpected Brain Surgery

Dear family, friends, and loved ones who like to know "where's Ernie's head":

Sadly, my head is at a computer at UVa Hospital telling you that tomorrow, Thursday, February 8th, I will undergo yet another surgery related to my brain tumor in the morning.

This all unexpectedly happened when I visited my doctor in Charlottesville complaining of blurred vision. Test after test, results showed that the tumor growing in my brain is squishing my optic nerves, causing blurred and loss of vision in my right eye. The only way to possibly restore sight in that eye completely is to alleviate pressure by removing some of the tumor. They plan on doing this transphenoidally (through the nose). (Eww.)

Please pray for me and keep me in your thoughts. Prop up Paul as he goes through this with me together, because he's the one who's going to be busy propping me up. And pass love to my sister for dropping her scehdule in NYC to be here with me.

Thank you for always checking in,
Ernie

More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home