Saturday, April 22, 2006

Yes, Please

I don't work, yet I seem to not have any free time for myself. If you saw me at any point during day, despite the plastic smile on my face, you would hear sighs behind it.

I finally figured out why: I please people way too much! There's that e-mail I need to reply to, that phone call to return, that lunch with someone followed by a coffee with another afterwards and dinner later with a third. If you're wanting to please everyone and everything around you, it's never done. You'll never finally "check them all off", because another person will always come to you with a need. If not, you're people-pleasing personality will find one.

It's a full-time job pleasing people. And the paycheck of a possible "thank you" from somebody is subtracted from time for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home