Tuesday, April 04, 2006

And A Cherry On Top!

Ah, it's so great to be me. A malignant brain tumor, a year of chemo on the way, living at home with a smothering mother, and now a car accident.

I'm up in D.C. right now to see a doctor in Baltimore. I'm going to him for a second opinion about my doctor's decision to have gamma knife radiation done twice and chemotherapy to immediately start afterwards. This doctor is supposedly very good and extremely popular in the brain tumor scene.

Today, a car ahead of me decided to make a left turn from the far right lane. As he crossed my lane, I hit him with my parents' minivan I borrowed for my trip. Fortunately, the car behind me was a cop and saw the whole thing take place. Mr. Policeman-as-my-witness put the fault on the idiot, so his insurance will have to pay for the damage and car rental while my parents' van is in the shop.

I know it could have been worse. Someone could have been hurt. It could have been my fault. The car could have been undriveable, or worse, totalled. But still, I think this will only make my parents even more controlling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

And you don't need anymore inconveniences in your life at the moment. That sucks about the car accident.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home