Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Failure To Launch

It's a little hard living at home right now. Matthew McConaughey made it look easy and fun, but recently it just ain't that pretty. Mom and Dad are having a hard time with me being gay. All the brain tumor stuff makes them feel I need to have my spiritual life in order, and me being gay is completely against God. My parents are either quite naive or in complete denial, because ever since I moved in with them in October last year, they thought that I had "given that lifestyle up".

I can't "double duty"- it's too hard dealing with my health and on top of that defending my faith in God simultaneously. I told them I felt trapped and wondered whether I should move. They felt bad about what they are putting me through, so they retreated and vowed to not bring it up again, at least for now.

They mean well. I know they do. It's just too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home