Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Updated or outdated?

Not sure which is it.

The doctor called me and told me two things:

1) The reason why they have taken so long to do a pathology report is that my tumor, in his choice of words, is a "very rare" case. "You're not textbook", he continued, "the pathologist hasn't seen a tumor like yours in quite some time. You're off the chart." They now need untouced specimen slides from my previous tumors- the slides that were sent to him last week had already been tested.

2) The problem I had- "hydrocephalus" (the abnormal buildup of cerebrospinal fluid in the brain) was solved, but the TUMOR NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. I thought they took care of the tumor, but all they did was fix the problem. He continued to dodge my questions, but he basically said that the pathology report will reveal what is the next step, possibly additional brain surgery, radiation, or who knows what.

I hung up the phone in total shock. I had no idea. I thought I was done and over this. I guess I'm not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home