Wednesday, April 05, 2006

May We Have The Envelope Please...

The doctor I saw today for a second opinion had one of the following statements to say:
a) "Oh sorry, the dog ate my opinion on the way to work this morning."
b) "Ernie Deo-who-a-what-what? You're not on my list to see."
c) "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning."
d) None of the above. He didn't give an opinion.

Correct answer: d) None of the above. He didn't give an opinion.

What?! You drove all the way up to Bal'mer and the doctor didn't give an answer? You got ripped, jipped, and a bunch of lip. But this is what really took place today...

My tumor is so rare that he felt his opinion solely was too narrow to bear any weight, so he's taking my case and presenting it to the entire neurology board Monday morning. At the presentation, there will be a pathologist and chemotherapist attending so they can also give feedback. Together they will reach an opinion Monday and as soon as the meeting is adjourned, he will let me know their answer.

Yeah, it seemed strange that they didn't call me to just move the appointment to Monday, but he needed to test my motor skills and get my present overall being for the presentation on Monday. I checked out fine. Now I'm just a ball of nerves, extremely frustrated, and a little depressed being Ernie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home