Sunday, April 19, 2009

Friends, Romans, Lend Me Your Ear!


To begin familiarizing myself with Rome, Paul and I rented "Roman Holiday" starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck. It was a nice little classic that reminded me of "Notting Hill", starring Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant. In both of these movies, an almost untouchable woman in the limelight became more human and girl-like when she was removed from her star-studded environment she was used to. She became even more vulnerable when she began falling for an every day ordinary man.


(Okay everyone, you all know it! On the count of three! Ready? One! Two! Three: "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.")


But getting back to the original purpose of watching "Roman Holiday", it showed the sights I'm supposed to see in Rome, but only in black and white. That made me even more excited to see the sights with my own eyes when I go in three weeks.


For now, I'll head off to NYC tomorrow morning to spend a few days with my sister and brother-in-law. Need something from NYC? Call me. Been to Rome or Venice and have some advice? E-mail me.


Have a great Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home