Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Ernie, You're Weird.


I started feeling very nostalgic last night because I was on youtube watching the music video for "True" by Spandau Ballet. I remembered the video so well because I had a serious crush on the lead singer when I first saw the video back in 1984.




Then "True" was used in the movie "Sixteen Candles" at a very critical moment when Samantha saw Jake slow dance with his girlfriend at a high school dance. I too had a crush on Jake.



Then there's the group P.M. Dawn, who took the guitar riff of "True" and threw in Eric B. and Rakim's backbeat of "Paid In Full." They stirred in a little bit of their own lyrics, and tad-dah, a number one hit in 1992.


Finally, a remix DJ took both songs "True" and "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss" and put together a whopping nine minute song. The best of both worlds.


I'm stuck in the 80's and always will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home