Thursday, March 19, 2009

In The Morning, Grab A Cup Of Ice Cream


Caffeine addict? Caffeine allergy? Either way, it's another thing to consume or avoid.


Coffee ice cream: how potent is it really? Is it just coffee-flavored, or does it actually contain coffee?


I bought a pint of Java Chip Frappucino Starbucks ice cream on Tuesday. I had a small bowl of it before I go to bed. Concerned, I decided to call Starbucks Coffee Company to find out if there was any caffeine present.


Sho'nuff, a half cup of any of their ice creams has approximately 35-50 milligrans of caffeine. A cup of coffee: 65-100 milligrams of caffeine. The math: one cup of ice cream = one cup of coffee.


No wonder I'm up in the middle of the night.

1 Comments:

Blogger ellyt said...

Sweet Ernie,

You posted at 7:30 pm. That only FEELS like the middle of the night.

Josh and I keep arguing over the caffeine in coffee ice cream. He says it doesn't have caffeine. Oh yeah? Well, why is HE up cleaning his room at 1 in the am.?

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home