Monday, April 13, 2009

Health.

Two weeks ago, I had a bone marrow biopsy to test for cancerous growth. I thought the procedure involved taking a six inch needle and ramming into my hip. Instead, the doctor used a thin corkscrew that she twisted around and around into my buttcheek to drill through the bone. I was sore for days.

Results: no cancer, but bone marrow should be about 50% fat and 50% bone marrow. I have only 10% marrow. The rest is fat. This is typical of an 80 year old man, not for a 38 year old clueless filipino.

Last week, I had a PETscan done, not a CTscan, on my entire body to detect cancerous cells anywhere else other than in my brain, which would include the liver. (CTscans detect physical appearance, PETscans detect physiological or chemistry make-up.)

I got the results today: no cancerous cells in the liver, but the scan did detect an 8mm nodule in my neck. My doctors said that could be anything.

Most people who I told about the spot on my neck were unalarmed and dismissed it as nothing. If it is truly nothing, then why even bother mentioning it in the report?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home