Thursday, August 07, 2008

Cabbage Soup


Do you remember in 1983 when people fought over the elusive Cabbage Patch Kids whenever they were in stock at a department store?


Well, they're back, in a version celebrating their 25th year of their long gone days of hype, fame, and frenzy (like those Beanie Babies, Tickle Me Elmo, and Pokemon cards.)


These 25th anniversary versions are re-releases— they come with the same hair, facial expressions and clothing that the original dolls had. Plus each doll has the Xavier Roberts special 25th anniversary signature, a commemorative silver stamped 25th anniversary birth certificate, and adoption papers.


I wanted one then and I want one now.


(And here's a kick in the head: they're available now in Australia, but won't hit the US until September!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Oh gosh, I remember it like it was yesterday. Cabbage Patch dolls...yeah, we even visited BabyLand General in North Georgia. Has it really been 25 years?

10:39 PM  
Blogger Chen-Carter said...

I won my Cabbage Patch doll by being the 100th caller to Y-100 (FM) when they were doing their CP holiday giveaway. Unfortunately, my dad had to go downtown to the radio station office to pick out my doll and I was PISSED when he came home with a red-head. I grew to love her nonetheless and now Almira lives on a shelf in Noa's room.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home