Thursday, February 21, 2008

Now I'm Really Opening Up To You-

Confession: Today was a terrible day. A terrible, nightmare-ish day. Something so big that I never thought would happen actually and accidentally took place today, and the memories will forever haunt me every day for the rest of my life.



Approximately eleven years ago, I felt as if I reached the pinnacle of male physique: I was lifting weights, doing tons of cardio, and to top it off, I started doing gymnastics twice a week. I was flexible, strong, and more importantly, extremely muscular.



Since I thought that this could be the best shape I may ever be, I decided to have pictures taken by a professional photographer to memorialize it, focusing on my overall appearance, from semi-nude shots to pictures of me completely in the buff. They were tastefully done in black and white photography. I shared the finished work with some of my closest friends. They liked them and giggled like third graders.



I filed those pictures, shots of Paul and I completely nude and in compromising poses, along with other (um, how should I say it?) "adult erotica" in a shoebox, sealed and wrapped it up in electrical tape and stored it downstairs. That box became a time capsule.



Well, today out of the blue, Dad decided to clean shop by tidying up the basement, and as he ventured along, he came across the shoebox. Curiously, he unwrapped the tape and discovered what was inside.



I, of course, was away when this occured, but when I returned home and walked into my room, the pictures and the entire box's contents were placed in piles, face up, revealing everything shamelessly, all over my bed. It was like an art exhibit in poor, poor taste.



I completely lost all color in my face. Busted. What did my parents think of me now? How am I ever going to explain this? What can I possibly say?



I shamefully walked upstairs and found my mom and dad in the living room. I walked in and realized that they had company, and were occupied with entertaining them. My dad turned to me, gave me a look, which I understood, that because of the box, all his trust in me had completely dissipated into thin air. I couldn't look at my mom in the eye who was busy smiling at the guests and pretending that everything was okay. Everything, all the thoughts, all the good times, all of the happy memories of what our relationship was is now smeared with what happened today. What was I going to do?



I woke up with my heart beating like a jackrabbit's, and the total catastrophe was over.

(This was a real dream/nightmare that I had last night.)

1 Comments:

Blogger ellyt said...

Ohmygosh...makes the dream sequence in Dallas seem like a walk in the park. You are such a kick, Ernie....
I love you sooo much.
Elly

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home