Thursday, November 29, 2007

Unbended By Beckham


I went out to lunch yesterday with two friends. After ordering our appetizers, a bald-headed guy and two of other guys walked in. One of my friends gave Baldy a whistling nod of approval. I looked over and thought "Ew, we've got different tastes in men."

Baldy sat down across from me where I noticed his tattooed-covered arms and back. After five minutes, we realized that Baldy was better known as David Beckham, fresh from the morning after L.A. Galaxy played Sydney in a game of soccer.

After a couple of drinks and a bowl of bread, David and his two friends got up to leave. I looked him over- he was significantly shorter than what he looked like on TV, and was a bit scrawny like me. I was not impressed and didn't understand why so many people swoon over him.

I wanted to confirm the details, so I talked to the waiter. We were right: the man who married a Spice Girl sat across from me at lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home