Monday, February 26, 2007

Everyone Should Have One.

And I'm not talking about a Magnolia cupcake.

I was a little down today. While my vision continues to improve day to day, it's still not good enough to drive. Thus, I spent the entire day home.

For some, staying home all day is a treat. But ever since my ability to drive was compromised, I've spent a lot of time at home. I think it's starting to get to me.

Don't get me wrong: I've gotten out of the house- Paul takes me out when he can, and friends drop by and give me rides everywhere. My favorite trip out is to a restaurant, where I indulge in treats unavailable at home. And last week, when the weather warmed up a bit, I went out and walked each day. It was very therapeutic.

But today I felt sad. I started wondering whether I will ever drive again. I called my best friend to chat. We talked about many things, one of which was how I felt today.

I confided in him. And while I was completely transparent, I felt 100% safe in telling him everything. It's a vulnerable spot to be in, but I never have a problem being completely open to him.

Not only did he listen, he even got me to laugh. I hung up the phone feeling so much better.

Everyone should have one: a friend like mine that they can talk to. Someone you can talk to without having to put up any guards. Someone who genuinely listens. Someone who sincerely cares for you. Someone who knows your secrets, and leaves them just as they are.

I am truly grateful for him in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home