Wednesday, July 12, 2006

July Brain Tumor Update

After having several MRI's done on my head and back, they have reached a conclusion: I have cancer cells in my spinal fluid, which is manufactured in the brain, spills down the neck, and goes to my spine. These microscopic cells attach to parts of the body, such as brain tissue, multiply, and start tumors to grow.

The doctors speculate that at this time, I have these cancerous cells not only in my brain, but also in my spine. They conclude that the best type of treatment at this time is full-blown radiation on nearly every part of my brain and everywhere on my spine.

Side effects: complete loss of hair on head, loss of eyebrows, insomnia, nausea, weakness, and significant fatique worse than what was experienced while I was on chemo.

I'm at a complete loss of words, except one: "Why?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home