Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Low Carb Lie.

I tried to do low carb today, and I failed miserably.

Since I've gained a little bit of a pudge around my belly, I thought to myself, "Self, why don't you cut down on carbs and load up on the protein?"

I took a Step class this morning, downed a protein shake, some nuts, and peanut butter, and at 3:00PM, I hit a big wall. My body was aching. I felt so weak, so tired. I headed to Jamba Juice for a protein smoothie.

Not good enough. Still tired and could barely walk. Paul and I proceeded to a Vietnamese restaurant where all I had was grilled chicken. Again, little to no carbs.

I broke the spell when we went and saw "Cars" while downing a medium popcorn. All of a sudden, my energy was restored, and my body felt 100% better.

More power to those of you who do it and feel like a normal person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home