Monday, June 19, 2006

Random Thoughts For Monday

I'm all over the place today. I've got so much on my mind that I don't know where to start.

1) Working full-time and doing chemo- I seriously doubt I can do both. I would do anything to get outta' Charlottesville, but I'm already struggling with chemo. Working at WAVA would bring down my overall wellbeing even more.

2) Speeding Ticket- I got one Friday afternoon, going 48 in at 25 mph zone. Oops. The cop was forgiving and didn't charge me with wreckless driving. Whew. But $5 per mile over the limit, plus a $51 processing fee brings it to...yikes.

3) Free ipod Video- Well, I could have gotten one. After working out yesterday, I went into the locker room to wash my hands, and lo and behold, someone left their big daddy ipod. It was in great condition. I did the right thing and turned it in to the front desk.

4) I talked with an old co-worker of mine who has pancreatic cancer in its fourth stage. He opened up and told me he's been very depressed because the doctor told him he only has six months to live. He's on two types of chemo and takes anti-depressants. I didn't have much to say after that. We laughed at how we thought some sayings are stupid and cliche- "Choose Hope" or "One Day At A Time", yet they really are true for those battling cancer.

That's all for now. Over and out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amigo said...

Congrats on finding the ipod and turning it in. Most other people would have followed an easier path.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home