Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Glasses Are For The Masses

Trivia Question: Name a considerably attractive actor or actress that wears eyeglasses regularly.

Stumped? Why is it difficult to find in all of beautiful Hollywood someone who wears glasses? They only seem to wear specs to help personify the character they play.

I've worn glasses since high school. I've tried contacts several times, and the last run lasted three weeks. They just never did it for me.

I accept I wear glasses. I now own six pairs, and a seventh is on the way. Why the extravagance? Because I wear a pair of glasses like how you wear a pair of shoes: each one has a different style, a unique look, and each one goes better with different outfits.

Does Hollywood consider me unattractive? Will the "Four Eyes" of regular American society never be discovered by a talent scout? Do we sometimes look at those of us with glasses and think "Awww, such a shame. If they weren't wearing glasses, they'd be better looking- and maybe be in bed with me!"

To those of you in contacts, that's great. But if you wear glasses, raise a glass, and toast to "Beautiful art needs beautiful frames."

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I can't name a single actor or actress, whether considerably attractive or not, who wears glasses regularly.

I suspect actors wear contacts because they need to have image flexibility to take on different roles. Also, glasses probably cause problems for the lighting guys.

So don't worry, you're still a hottie in your specs and your bracelet.

Oh wait, I just thought of one: Jonathan Lipnicki. He's so cute.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home