Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mr. Charlottesville

Last night I dreamed that I was selected to be a contestant for Mr. Charlottesville, who took 50 people and put them on stage explaining why they should be crowned Mr. Charlottesville. I say 50 "people" because one of them was a female co-worker of mine from WAVA (who wasn't from Charlottesville anyway, but it's all a dream!)

I was the only contestant who chose to wear a tuxedo, but I realized that was too dressy for the audience, so I removed the jacket.

I was called to the microphone to explain my case. I opened up with:

Ernie: "Knock knock!"
Audience: "Who's there?"
E: "Wa."
A: "Wa-who?"
E: "Exactly!"

I proceeded. "That's me. Born, bred, and raised in Charlottesville. I had a choice to leave home for another college, but stayed so I could go to U.Va. I love Bodo's. I love Spudnuts. I crave Arch's. I shopped at Leggett. I pray that Pottery Barn does not come to Charlottesville. Are you with me?"

The crowd laughed.

Then I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home