Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Too Much Fashion, Not Enough Health"

A reader made the above comment, so I thought I'd talk about my health for a second:

I've been pulled off chemo since mid-December because it's wreaked havoc on my body- I have jaundice eyes, liver numbers through the roof, and platelet counts bordering on dangerous.

On top of that, my right eye is definitely jacked up. I had a titanium mesh implant installed behind the eyeball after my second brain surgery and recently, I've been seeing white spots like I've stared at the sun too long, and occasionally, it feels like there's a piece of glass stuck behind the eye causing a sharp pain that makes a man shrill like a teenager on a roller-coaster.

My weight fluctuates around a pathetic 100 pounds. In fact, I've dropped as low as 98. I haven't weighed that little since middle school. I think my true waist size now is 28 inches. I try to eat as often as possible and as much as I possibly can without feeling nauseous but still, no weight gained. The most depressing part of this freak weight loss is having to throw out half of my wardrobe that I've loved so much, built slowly and smartly over the years, and spent a hefty dime or two on.

Finally, I meet with all four of my doctors next week to determine the next chapter of my life- possibly a new chemo regimen, definitely more pills to take, and more weekly bloodwork.

There ya go. Stick that in your pipe, light it up, and be grateful you don't have what I've got.

1 Comments:

Blogger ellyt said...

I just wish you didn't have what you have.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home