Sunday, May 03, 2009

Miuccia (I Mean Italy) In Two Days!

I'm blown away that I'm on a plane Tuesday afternoon bound for Venice and Rome.

I've barely read the travel books. I did crack them open to find out where the Prada is in both cities (I'm so pathetically predictable!) One of the largest Prada stores in the world is in Venice. My sister and I have priced Prada prices at the Milan stores when we went several years ago. Compared to the prices here in the US, it's at least a third off.

And don't get me started on how different the Prada stores are in Italy. In the US, the stores are minimalist in design, as is the selection of merchandise. In Italy, they are like thrift shops: packed with merchandise, stocked to the rim. filling every space available both on the shelves and the floor. It's like a pricey bric a brac store.

The beautiful and tragic ending to this story is that I'm broke and don't have a dime to spare.

Need or want anything at either city? E-mail me back. Grazie!

Ciao,
Ernie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home