Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Met And Talked To Willem Dafoe


At the airport in Rome, I rode the train that took you from one terminal to another. There was a man standing at the other end of the train that looked so familiar to me. Curiosity was killing me- I had to know who he was. I counted to three, took a deep breath (more like a gasp), and up I went.


Me: "Um, hi."

Willem: "Hello."

M: "I'm terribly sorry to bother you, but are you an actor?"

W: (smiling) "Yes. Yes, I am."

M: "That's what I thought. I'm Ernie. What's your name?"

W: (whispering) "Will Dafoe."

M: "I'm sorry. What did you say?"

W: (still whispering) "Willem Dafoe."

M: (stumbling, turning red, unable to remember any of his movies) "Yes. Um, my sister loves you!"

W: "Thank you."

M: "No, thank you. What a privilege. Have a safe flight."

W: "You too."


As soon as the train stopped and opened its doors, I took off running.

1 Comments:

Blogger wiljim1 said...

Very nice, Ernie!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home