Monday, March 12, 2007

All Eyes Are On Tomorrow.

I haven't driven since brain surgery five weeks ago due to double vision. To those of you who don't drive much, being car-less is nothing big. But for me, it's big because I like the freedom and convenience of having a car.

My family, Paul, and I have argued over my privilege to drive. While I know my peripheral vision isn't 100%, my ability to see directly in front of me has dramatically improved, is no longer double, and in my humble opinion, quite passable. But tomorrow, I see my opthamologist to let him have the final say once and for all whether it's okay for me to be on the road or not.

I'm stressed. I don't know what I'm going to do if he says I shouldn't be on the road. Will I cry? Get angry? Drive anyway? Buy a puppy?

He better say it's okay, or a new chapter in my life as a pedestrian with a fatal brain tumor begins tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home