Wednesday, November 08, 2006

AHHHH!

I AM DONE! Wow- Radiation treatment is finally over. I feel like a huge one ton machine was lifted off my chest (I guess that really happened!) As soon as I was done, I got teary-eyed and felt like running, running anywhere away from the hospital, a ten mile run to who-knows-where, only to then board a plane and go somewhere sunny, sandy, and full of palm trees.

Speaking of feeling free...

(CHEESY INFOMERCIAL NARRATOR VOICE): "Lose weight guaranteed! Free yourself from excess pounds! Introducing Radiation Therapy! It's fast! It's quick! It's easy! AND IT WORKS! Just lie still in the machine for four weeks, and watch the pounds just melt right off! Listen to Ernie!"

(SLOW-SPEAKING TIRED VOICE, SHORT SENTENCES LIKE CHRISTOPHER REEVE): "It's true. Before, I weighed a healthy 145 pounds. Now I only weigh 130. My clothes are all baggy. I lost 15 pounds. And I'm bald."

(NARRATOR): "Call 1-888-RADIATION-SUX!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home