Sunday, October 29, 2006

Radiation Update

1) I was originally going to title this entry as "Shamp-ew my hair!" Here's why:

Friday night: I took a shower and had my eyes closed from soaping my face. I wondered why my hands felt funny, so I rinsed my face and looked at my palms: they were covered with hair. I rinsed off and stared at the tub. Hair everywhere. I freaked out and called my parents to come and see the spectacle.

Saturday night: Knowing that it would happen again, I dreaded taking another shower. But I decided to get it over with. Hair flew everywhere, kinda' like Edward Scissorhands when he trimmed a bush, only this time, he's attacking my hair. Next thing you know, I clogged up Paul's drain completely. He showered and received a half-bath after me because the water level in the tub kept rising and rising.

Tonight: Showered, and like Shakespeare's MacBeth, I could not fully rid my hands and body of all the hair. "Out, loose hair! Out I say!"

That's it. I'm going to, like the three times when I had brain surgery, go to the barber shop and get what's left on my head buzzed off.

2) I've also lost my sense of taste. Everything tastes bland or weird. Everything except chocolate (whew!)

3) Either because of radiation or the brain tumor, my hearing is off. Everyone sounds like they're singing or speaking in a tin can. They also sound electronica-like, similar to Justin's "Sexyback".

4) I've also lost my voracious appetite. I pick at food. I eat slowly. It hurts to swallow unless it's soft or something that melts (chocolate!)

Bottom line: Seven more treatments, seven more sessions to go, and I am done with this TORTURE. I hurt. I'm tired. I'm going bald.

1 Comments:

Blogger jesse said...

ARAY. cheer up Kuya Ernie, you CAN do this. 7 is not too bad, remember the no of ppl supporting you fr all corners of the wold. we are praying non stop here for you. love you lots ernie- from jesse & his sydney gang!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home