Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mile Thirteen

I'm halfway through running this radiation marathon. It has been a tough race. That enemy of a machine loves knocking me down and zapping all my energy, but I get up and keep moving forward.

The three "anchors" in my life (Paul, my sister, and my best friend) are constantly pumping optimism and putting strength in me. They always have an ear to listen to my weariness. Even my mom and dad have been very good. My mom goes with me to treatment every day. When I come home, Dad's always there waiting and smiling, ready to open the car door.

Some of you have also sent me happy e-mails and cards pushing me on. Thank you! I mean it.

I cannot wait to get this over with. Halfway done, and the glass is lookin' half full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home