Monday, May 15, 2006

Flawed Credit Card Fraud

Signing the receipt for your purchases at a store is such a joke, 'cause the cashier never bothers to check the signature. In Australia, that's all they ever did. Sometimes in the grocery store in Sydney, I would have to sign twice because the first time didn't match the appearance to the one on the credit card.

I've done crazy things here in the USA to test whether they truly cared.. They absolutely don't. One day last week, at Giant, I signed it with three dots: ". . .". All I got back was "Thank you sir, have a nice day." Then at my next stop, Bed Bath and Beyond, I drew a straight line in place of my signature. Nothing else, and the cashier didn't flinch. My last stop was Office Depot. I signed "I hate Office Depot". The next day I returned to Office Depot for a return and I wrote "Staples is better." Nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home