Friday, November 20, 2009


Some people run 5K's.

Others run marathons.

Today I'll run a "Baby Dash".


Paul and I are flying down to Cleveland, Georgia where I'll be in a race to get a limited Christmas edition of a Cabbage Patch Kid.


Inside the new "Babyland General Hospital", the kids are set up on a table inside the ballroom. At 1:00PM, the doors will fling open wide to crazed collectors and fans of the babies as they try to get their hands one available for adoption.


Because of a caring and wonderful man who works there, I will be placed four feet from the table. As soon as the door open up, that's my cue to start running. (Doesn't mean I'll end up running towards the table.)


I know what- I'll use my walking cane to fend the crowd off.

1 Comments:

Blogger ellyt said...

Ernie,
You are an amazing person. Best of luck in your "Run for the Doll". Catch a lunker!!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home