Friday, November 27, 2009

I Miss My Best Friend. Now I Miss My Sister.

While I'm happy for both of them, I in some ways have lost them to their children. Before kids, my best friend and I used to goof off, ttavel, and party post-college style (have one beer and call it a night). Now it can be hard to talk to each other because of the kids' schedule of eating and sleeping.

My sister who hasn't even been a mom for a week has somewhat transformed. We used to shop around NYC until our credit cards were maxed out. Now she's stuck at home with a regimen of feeding Anabelle, burping her, putting her to sleep, and having to do it all over again in two hours.

It's fine, you know. It's not them, it's me. I haven't changed much. I still listen to music from the 80's and play with toys.

Happy Black Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home