Thursday, January 08, 2009

Caregiver? Driver? Nanny?

Assistant?



There's a new person in my life- her name is Sylvia. She is a wonderful, short filipino (redundant) woman who was hired to come twice a week during the day and take me around town to do my errands. She is also responsible for doing some light cooking and cleaning.



We start each day by having her walk Taylor. Then she runs me to the gym while she goes back to the house and cleans. She comes back, picks me up, and off we go: grocery store, the bank, post office, dry cleaners, the mall, on and on.



She has that "sixth sense" of seeing dead people. No, she has that "instinct" of looking around and figuring out what she can do for me. She carries everything, pushes my grocery cart, and massages my back and the bunions on my feet. (Don't I wish).



If only she treated me to lunch everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home