Monday, December 22, 2008

Well. This is just...great. Great. Perfect.

I knew something was happening...I now have koilonychia, a condition where my nails are flat or concave, rather than convex. It started on my pinky toe, traveled to the index toe, and then crossed over to the other foot.

Koilonychia is probably caused by an iron deficiency. It can only be treated with extra iron in my diet or iron supplements. But since my iron levels seem okay, the doctor wants me to get an MRI or CT scan to detect whether I may have liver cancer.

That's just great.

It's a wonderful lilfe. Merry Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger ellyt said...

Gosh, Ern...
Just when you think the news couldn't get any more somber, there you are.
We were in Alabama and our Rabbi there is dealing with GBM, brain tumor. He told a story that reinforced the concept of "one never knows why these things happen...but good comes from it".
I said, "Maybe good comes out of it for someone, but not for those who are fighting this crappy disease".

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home