Monday, October 06, 2008

Since I Am Not A Fan Of Small Talk, I'm Just Going To Say It.

My doctor changed the "recommendation" to an official "prescription," making my need to gain weight a command I have to follow. But there's no way I can gain a pound a week for twenty weeks at the rate I'm going. No matter how hard I try, it's difficult to expand my stomach to fit more food...either I start feeling nauseated or the food in front of me gets old and cold. The only thing I can think of is to eat high-fat, calorie-dense foods like nuts, Five Guys burgers and fries, or Krispy Kreme donuts.

And the whole gym "three times a week for a half-hour only" will be hard because I've been going for nearly twenty years, six to seven times a week, for about two hours per session, so this "prescription" feels like I practically have to quit.

I woke up this morning and layed in bed for nearly an hour thinking about what to do and eat today.

Oh yeah, one more thing: I'm giving up my driving privileges starting December 1st. So if you see me hitchhiking and pull over, yes, I'm going to kill you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael K. said...

Dairy products, more dairy products, fatty cuts of red meat, extra virgin olive oil, salad dressings, ice cream every day -- the real stuff -- with sauce, greasy chips (you haven't lived till you've eaten Kettle brand 'salt & pepper' potato chips), and my favorite --- mixing high gluten foods with all of the above (think philly cheese steaks & fettuccini alfredo) since glutten can interfear with metabolism and help store those pesky calories on your cute little bod :-)

7:09 AM  
Blogger ellyt said...

Hey, Ern...
OK, the food thing is tough because the Krispy Kreme's might put weight on, but oh my, your poor arteries. Nuts, if you can tolerate them are calorie dense and healthy.
About the exercise...you know what a step slut I am. What I am wondering is if you could still go to the gym and instead of taking classes, maybe once or twice a week, you can GIVE them instead (not the high stuff, but the more mind-body stuff), so you can still get your social rocks off. Just a slutty suggestion.
I love you brother....

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home