Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Waterworks At The Dentist, No Drilling Necessary

While at the dentist today, I gave several of the staff members and the dentist (all of whom I consider friends) a quick update on my health. Without seeing it coming, tears started welling up in my eyes and my voice got very shaky as I told them the story of recent surgery followed by two trips to the ER (which I never shared about in my blog), and the fact that I start chemo a week from today.

(sigh)

Man, I've been through so much, and yet another season of "My Life As Ernie" premieres next Wednesday.

2 Comments:

Blogger ellyt said...

Ernesto,
Considering what you have been through in the last couple of years, especially the last year, you are entitled to some waterworks.

You should know that getting misty is also appropriate for those of us that get ferklempt just knowing that you are going through all of this.

If life was fair, you would be stepping everyday that you weren't travelling, and enjoying the normalcy of a boring life. But no one ever said that life was fair OR that you or I am normal ;>}
Love YOU,
El

4:40 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

True, true, true. Elly, let's get ferklempt together over a heart-shaped box of chocolates.

Pass me some of them caramel-chocolate truffles!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home