Friday, September 14, 2007

Her Prerogative


"Everybody's talkin' all this stuff about me

Why don't they just let me live? (tell me why)

I don't need permission

Make my own decisions (oh)

That's my prerogative"

Man, I wish people would just leave Britney alone. Five days after opening for MTV's Video Music Awards, the press is still busy slamming and picking on her performance. The latest gossip they're fascinated with and busy telling everyone today is that she had abs "spraypainted" on to enhance definition.

Who cares! People have plastic surgery, do botox shots, color their hair, wear wigs, cake on make-up, and wear black clothing, all to camouflage flaws and all that make their appearance less perfect.

I watched her performance for myself last night. Sure, it wasn't spectacular. Sure, she gained a little weight. (Let me see you pop two kids out and still have washboard abs and a firm butt.) She's a mom. She did fine.

And don't say her career's over. According to Radio and Records, *the* Bible for top radio stations in the US and the hottest songs, "Gimme More" ranked #1 for "Most Added Song" to Top 40 radio stations everywhere, above Rihanna, who supposedly "was not impressed with Britney's performance" and received widely positive reviews from her live performances at previous VMA's.

Let go, people. Let it go. Build a bridge, and get over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home