Sunday, August 13, 2006

Health Update(?)

Here's the latest on the showdown with cancer:
*the spinal tap conducted two weeks ago was negative for cancerous cells
*my doctor recommends either craniospinal radiation at this time or to monitor its progress
*the second opinion I received from Johns Hopkins still advises conducting another form of chemotherapy

Ever since I stopped chemo in early July, I haven't received any treatment to prevent growth. It makes me wonder what's happening inside my head. For example, since it hasn't spread to my back, is it just getting bigger in my brain?

I may gamble a little and put off any kind of treatment until October. It's not smart to jeapordize my health, but I plan on doing some travel over the next couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home