Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Chemo Update

I've been doing chemotherapy now for 2 1/2 weeks, and I'm doing okay: not great, not terrible, but so-so. While some people say they have good days and bad days, it seems to me that I have good hours and bad hours. One moment I'm fine, the next moment I'm so tired I can fall asleep wherever I am (at the mall, at the dinner table, behind the wheel). One thing fer'sher: when I do some cardio at the gym, it definitely takes everything within me to reach my goal.

I thought to myself "Self, if this is all that chemo is and all that it's got on you, then you can go back to work!" I called my doctor and asked him whether two weeks is a fair test and the right amount of time to see how a patient is coping. His reply: "Some people may even get better because their body may adjust itself to the medicine. But if you're doing fine, then we may try doubling the dose you're currently on."

I shouldn't have opened my big mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home