Monday, December 12, 2005

A Word On My Wuz-band

People often e-mail or ask me on the phone for my opinion on my ex.

I guess I'll try to set the record as straight as it can be:

Paul is a good man. He really is. And although he dumped my a**, I know I still have feelings for him. Both good *and* bad feelings. How bad? I'm not so sure. Around a few friends, I call him Dum-dum, or DD for short.

DD was my partner for 10 1/2 years. They were all mostly good. I always graded our relationship a B. Not perfect, not average. Not all together horrible. A solid B.

You really just can't wipe away 10 1/2 years of love for someone in an instant. Yes, DD broke my heart. Shattered it into shards that I now know as thorns. But underneath all that animosity and anger still lies a light that I guess some people say is a torch that I will carry for the rest of my life. That is definitely true.

He was there for me. I was there for him.

And boy, did I learn a lot from him. He taught me so much about life, so much about love, and so much about Ernie.

DD is a good man. He really, really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home